Safe Senders List
Simple instructions on how to add an email address to the Safe Senders List in your email client.
Outlook 2016, 2013
To add people to your Safe Senders List, do the following:
- On the Home tab, click Junk, and then click Junk E-mail Options.
- On the Safe Senders tab, check the Automatically add people I e-mail to the Safe Senders List box.
When you send a message to a person or organization that isn’t an Outlook contact, by default, the recipient email address isn’t added to the Safe Senders List. This means that when the recipient replies to your message, the reply message might be moved to the Junk E-Mail folder.
To make sure that your message recipients, even if they aren’t an Outlook contact, are on your Safe Senders List, do the following.
On the Home tab, in the Delete group, click Junk, and then click Junk E-mail Options.
On the Safe Senders tab, select the Automatically add people I e-mail to the Safe Senders List check box.
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the Preferences tab, under E-mail, click Junk E-mail.
- Click the Safe Senders tab.
- Select the Automatically add people I e-mail to the Safe Senders List check box.
- Open the email from the sender you would like to add to the Safe senders list.
- Click on the arrow next to the Reply button on the far right.
- Select Add *Email Address* To Contacts list.
- You will see the text “Added *Email Address* to contacts.” Appear at the top of the screen, meaning your new contact has been added to your Gmail Safe senders list.
- Click the options config button in the top right of the screen to the left of the question mark button.
- Select Options from the dropdown menu.
- From the menu on the left hand side of the screen, select Safe senders under Mail - Junk email.
- Enter the email address where it says "Enter a sender or domain here" or see if it is in the list below, then click the + icon to add the address.
- Select the email in your Yahoo inbox, and right-click it.
- Select Add Sender to Contacts from the menu.