£320 million PE and School Sport Premium Fund to continue for 2020/2021
We are delighted to receive confirmation that the PE and School Sport Premium Fund to continue for 2020/2021. Not only will every school receive the same level of funding as they have done in 2019/2020, but any of the current fund that has not been spent CAN ROLL OVER INTO NEXT YEAR.
We understand that many schools will still be exceptionally busy with the reopening process and putting in place new policy and procedure to ensure the safety of your children, so we have highlighted some of the important points of the weekends announcement below.
How to use the PE and School Sports Premium.
The funding should be used to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of their Physical Education, School Sport and Physical Activity. Schools should use the funding to secure improvements in the following 5 key indicators:
- Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- Profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
REMEMBER FUNDING SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR:
- PPA Arrangements
- To Teach the minimum requirements of curriculum PE (it must broaden your existing offer)
- To fund capital expenditure
Schools are expected to spend the grant for the purpose it was provided only – to make additional and sustainable improvements to the PE, sport and physical activity offered.
Schools will also be required produce an online report for their school website by the 31st July outlining how the Fund has been used. (Please note, that despite the Coronavirus disruption, you must still produce a report for this year). Each report should include;
- Exact amount of premuim received
- A full breakdown on how it has been spent
- The impact the school has witnessed on the pupils PESSPA in regards to participation and attainment
- How to ensure these improvements are sustainable
THERE IS ALSO A REQUIREMENT TO PUBLISH THE PERCENTAGE OF YEAR 6 PUPILS WHO:
- Swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
- Use a range of strokes effectively
- Perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations
The reporting process may seem challenging, but it is very important that we provide the children with the greatest opportunity to succeed and lead a healthy, happy, life. Our healthy schools programme also includes an easy to use reporting feature, to make school accountability a simple and straight forward task!
HOW MUCH WILL THE SCHOOL RECIEVE?
- For most schools, it is easy to work out how much you will receive to have an impact on your children.
- Schools with 16 or fewer eligible pupils receive £1,000 per pupil.
- Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.
- Remember – any funding that you have not spent this year, will roll on to next year too!
NEED FURTHER HELP?
Over the past few years, many of our partner schools have been through the Ofsted experience, and have outlined during inspection that they use our Healthy Schools Programme to support with the 5 key indicators mentioned above in the following ways.
- We provide all schools with PE Lesson Planning, Dance Sessions, Yoga, Movement of the Day and Assessment Activities - we even have home activities for EVERY CHILD
- Our Challenge Days (that can be run by teachers internally) incentivise the children to take ownership of their own improvements, whilst encouraging a life long love of sport
- Through Ongoing Support and Online CPD we can support the development of your teaching team in a sustainable, cost effective manner
- Our fully inclusive lesson planning make it easier for teachers to deliver activities to broaden the offer to children
- All our lesson plans include meaningful competition, but by tracking the impact and participation of children online, it is easy to pick school teams, and spot opportunities!
If you would like to know more about how we can help improve Physical Education, School Sport and Physical Activity for your school, or you just need some expert advice, please contact +44 (0) 161 300 9172 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org